Popular Posts

Monday, August 5, 2013

Ready for the Happy Days to Begin

After a mediocre event this fight weekend, I must say that I'm ready to see if the coming Fox Sports 1 cards are going to deliver upon the hype.  I really believe that they can  but more importantly I believe that they have to.  The last two UFC events (UFC on FOX 8 & UFC 168) have not lived up to their potentials.  As I posted earlier this week. The Bellator 97 event that aired on Spike in my opinion had more engaging events than this past weekend which shared the same week as a UFC Pay-Per-View.  Exceptions to the mediocre label would be Demetrious Johnson's performance over John Moraga.  That fight was my favorite of the Fox event.  Sergio Moraes and Amanda Nunes also put on excellent performances at the most recent UFC 168 event.  I think that the Fox Sports cards are put together well and have the potential to be HUGE.  I just hope that the same hype that I've had for fights such as MacDonald/Ellenberger, Machida/Davis & Aldo/Jung isn't crumbled by dull performances.  The fight that I'm most anticipating is the bout between Carlos Condit and Martin Kampmann.  I feel that it is a very important fight for both men, especially Condit.  Condit really needs a win over Kampmann to solidify that he is still a top contender in the Welterweight division.  His last two performances were great but not enough to pull off a victory.  I think that both of the top contenders need a very impressive win to get back in the title picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *